Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Schedule

I'm definitely a structured person. I like to know what's coming next, and I like to be prepared for it. This isn't to say that I'm not a flexible person, but I just prefer to be organized.

Our class schedule does not help me with this.

The first time I was in grad school, I had a certain class on Tuesday mornings, another class on Wednesday afternoons, etc. Not INSEAD. We have classes all over the place. Sometimes we even have two sessions of the same class back to back. Other times we don't have a specific class for over a week. It makes no sense, and it has basically glued me to my calendar so that I know what's coming up next.

We have five classes, all with preparatory reading, some with homework to hand in, some with exercises that are just meant to help us, and we have to be prepared for each class. A few of our profs have said that they are big fans of cold calling, so we *really* have to be prepared for class, but we haven't seen too much of that yet.

The good news is that after today, we don't have finance for ten days (this class is extremely difficult for me to understand).

In the meantime - I'm just trying not to drown in all of the work, and I'm trying to stay ahead of the readings a bit, since I don't have any of the text books, and there are very few on reserve in the library. We'll see how long this lasts...

No comments: