Monday, September 15, 2008

NY Times Thief

You'll have to wait 'till tomorrow to read about my taxi driver who told me how to find out if my husband is cheating on me...

Because I just talked to Jeremy, and he told me the best story.

Jer lives in Ithaca in an apartment building. He has often found that his NY Times is not where it should be in the morning.

Last week, he left to go biking at 7:30. The Times was where it should be. He had a pleasant ride, but when he returned at 8:30, he found that the Times was gone, and the part of the bag that had his apartment number written in BIG BLACK MARKER had been ripped off and left on the floor.

Jer was peeved.

He asked the custodian if he knew what might have happened to his paper. The custodian didn't know, but he apparently went to the management and asked them.

The next thing Jer knew, he had a note left for him that said that the management went through the security camera shots from between 7:30 and 8:30 that morning, and they found the culprit. She gave him a copy of the screen shots of the culprit, her note accusing him as well as his response.

That's awesome (or really bored management).

No comments: