Thursday, September 11, 2008

Just don't let it bother you...

We had a speaker the other day about returning to school...coping with the stress and all of the new changes. There are a LOT of changes.

The woman was actually really good, and she talked about not letting things bother you - like if a car cuts you off in the morning, just to get over it, because life is just like that. Be flexible. Etc. In theory, I totally agree, and I have been working on that. My specific task is the way people walk in Singapore. I know I have bitched about this before, but it really drives me crazy, and when people cut me off and then stop, or don't walk on the right side of the escalator, I really do get pissed off, and I give people dirty looks, and I want to push them. This is not my normal personality, and I'm not sure where it comes from, but I'm working on it.

It's not so easy to not let these things bother you.

Today I tried listening to an album that really calms me. I think that worked, but then I can't listen to NPR. Hm...I will have to figure something else out in order to become a flexible, not angry walker in Singapore.

No comments: