Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Crack Open a Guinness...and Teach Some Econ?

I'm still not comfortable blogging about INSEAD...I'm working on it, knowing that some of my classmates could be reading my blog, but none has identified himself yet, so maybe no one is?

Here goes...

We have this hilarious teacher for micro econ. He came in the first day of school in shorts, a Hawaiian tshirt and flip flops and explained how he was upset about the rise in the price of beer. He stays in Hawaii and teaches at Hawaii Pacific University, but he is guest teaching at INSEAD for a couple of semesters/years(?). He is just excellent. He actually reminds me of Steven Cobert in the way that he's totally over the top, so creatively funny, and just knows a lot. He entertains us to no end in class, and I would say that 50% of the time he's just outrageous.

Setting the stage - there are a couple of National Weeks at INSEAD. This is our first one, and it's British/Irish week. The bar has turned into a pub, and there is Guinness for sale. Apparently all day.

Today, we had econ at 2, and two of my classmates were late. They ran in, two minutes late, and they promptly delivered a Guinness to the front table of the lecture hall where the prof cracked it open, had a sip, and continued to teach us about how to set a price for a good.

I actually think I could devote my entire blog to this guy, as he comes up with such great stories and tid bits, but I will not. That might make him uncomfortable.

No comments: