Monday, April 27, 2009

Not My Day

Though I didn't sleep last night, it started out fine - had breakfast with grandma and grandpa, Mare and Mike, Michelle, Jer, Marc, Matt, mom, dad...

Got on the plane, went to the bathroom (I had a window seat, so it's either before or never), and there was no water to wash my hands. I stood to wait until the very last minute, but the guy told me I had to sit down. I told him I thought it was disgusting that United Airlines would not allow someone to wash their hands after using the bathroom. Unacceptable.

Then our flight was delayed an hour.

Then my return train ticket to Philly fell out of my pocket (at some point between the plane and the train). Then I missed the train by three minutes - because I was in the back of the plane. Then it was 92 degrees in Philly, and I had jeans and a long sleeved shirt on...and I hadn't eaten in ten hours...and I needed to walk for 15 minutes.

Luckily I got dinner with Bala, got back to my place, and all was fine, until I checked my email, and I got stressed by a group project that's due tomorrow.

I realized this year that I get stuff done early. I like to have it done a week early and have a week for editing. A week for waking up in the middle of the night with improvement ideas. A week to really make it good. I realize that many people don't work this way, and I'm working with some of them right now. I'm not saying it's bad to do things at the last minute, but it's definitely not how I work best. Definitely.

No comments: