Monday, April 13, 2009

Babies and Babies and Babies

My life is full of babies!! I'll get back to that...

I had a great four day trip to Michigan - it felt like two weeks. It was relaxing, hectic, busy, boring, and all good. Friday was a super chill day. Jer and I ran some errands including fixing a necklace, buying a bathing suit, visiting Trader Joe's (and seeing someone get arrested in the parking lot!). I got my jewelry cleaned, and they look sparkley. More on diamonds to come. I also found out that Great Lakes Crossing is about 15 minutes from my parents' house, and they have a Nine West Outlet, which is great news for me and my feet. Remember, they don't have my shoe size in Singapore. We got to dine with Sandy and Harvey, and Mr. Lichtman came over for a social night cap. What a good guy.

Saturday was nuts. I got to see Marla and her belly (due in July) for coffee in the morning, then hung out with the Michigania crew over at Adina and Gregg's - and I got to see Noah, who is now 2.5 and the cutest boy. He said, "who are you?" I told him who I was, and he said "Hi!" in a really nice, inviting voice. He's so funny. We got to meet Greg and Cristine's baby (and see Greg and Cristine). He is a huge, gorgeous, cute Sam. I can't wait to spend more time with him one day. While we (all 19 of us...) were together, Terese and Jeremy had their baby, Max!!! It was quite exciting, and they're doing great. Then I ran over to the Hildebrandt's for a short visit, hung with the Goldfeins - ALL of them! - for an hour or so, and then I made it over to the Robinsons for a dinner with all cousins. It was like a half seder. But the food wasn't kosher, and there was no Hebrew. There was euchre. No Elijah. (Is Elijah at seders anyway?)

I made it back to Philly in the early afternoon with enough time to walk downtown and search for a dress. I found one. It's pretty. I hate buying things. I hate trying on clothes. Particularly I hate trying on clothes that are made for people with straight, skinny bodies. Banana Republic is not made for curvy people.

I noted this last year, but it's still remarkable. I always wore and 8. Always. My clothes that are an 8 still fit me. Now when I go shopping I buy a 4. That's not right. Whatever the day, I found a blue dress, so now I don't have to go naked to Bryan and Mandy's wedding. Thank goodness.

The moral of my weekend (and life) is that just about everyone in it is or was just having babies. It kind of comes in waves. I remember feeling this way in the past.

No comments: