Thursday, July 19, 2007

Two Apartments...In One

If we were making Aliyah to Singapore, then our lift would have come today. Since we just moved here, our shipment that went over sea came today. We kind of forgot that we were still getting all this furniture, and we were quite satisfied with what we had. Oops. Now we have an extra queen sized bed, an extra kitchen table, three extra book shelves, four extra chairs and a nice leather recliner. We'll have to figure it out. If we ever move out of our totally furnished apartment into our own place, then we'll be set (if it's 400 sq feet and we're okay with it looking like a college dorm room - and our apartment in NYC).

Matt had a good day in KL yesterday. He had successful meetings and enjoyed business class and talking to his nice boss.

Today I went to my new job to meet with the president. She said that the hiring has to pass the exec committee, which is meeting next Thursday, but she said that basically I'm hired. We're working out some sort of deal with salary and vacation. I will be taking more than a 60% pay cut regardless (which is NUTS!), and the cost of living actually isn't much less here than it was in NYC! She was really inspirational, and I can't wait to get to know her more and meet the other women who are involved. The organization is really exciting, and the two people I have met who work there are really nice. They're also redoing my job description to make it more appropriate for my skills and experience. It was a bit more entry level than I am, and I'm excited about the changes. I'll see the final next week. I should start August 1st.

Sarah Goldfein came over for lunch. We had a big salad. It was good, and it was so good to see her again. She is leaving Singapore tonight, though, so no more Sarah. :(

I gave Splinter a red ball (like something a kid would glue on a mother's day card) to play with, and she went nuts. It was so cute. I think I might be in love with her. I don't like it, though, when she sneaks into our house...I video taped her playing with the fuzzy ball, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to upload video to the computer. After googling, apparently I'm not the only one, but I think there's a solution (I just have to find it...).

Back at the homestead (Michigan), my mother just got back from a trip with a couple of Random Railies (okay, cousins from Israel) to Niagara Falls and Toronto. They seemed to have had a great time.

Matt and I are heading to Bangkok tomorrow morning, so there will be no blogging until Sunday night/Monday.

No comments: