Sunday, July 8, 2007

Thank the lordy for Ticket and Settlers

When I say ticket, I don't mean tickets to actually go anywhere. We're trying to stay here for a while.

When I say Settlers, I don't mean the settlers in the West Bank.

I'm talking about Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan. Thanks to Jamie, who introduced us to both of them, our lives have been enriched. After kick-my-ass-boxing, Christian, Lee Fong and Lee Fong's cousin, Eric, came over to play games. We got to play two Ticket to Ride Europe and two Settlers of Catan. I have to say that I won one of each, but even if I didn't win - it was so fricken fun.

We also learned that Fong is Lee Fong's first name, and Lee is her last name. If she takes Christian's last name, according me, her new name would be DeGuzman Fong. According to her it's something different, including Fong, Lee, and DeGuzman, but not necessarily in that order.
If I were Chinese, and I created a nickname for myself, it would be Hildie Melanie. I like that.

Last night Matt and I ordered Pizza Hut (we're both paying for it today...). It was such a streamlined process - you call ONE number, from anywhere in the country, so you don't have to figure out which one is closest to you, and we got some weird pizzas, and they came in a half hour. I also saw that you can log in on the website. Who logs in to Pizza Hut? Overall, it was a good experience, but I don't think my stomach can handle it again, and I'm not sure I want to witness Matt's stomach handling it again.

We also watched Venus win Wimbledon. She won 1.4 million dollars. AMERICAN! That's a lot of money.

I'm reading a book that Lederman recommended to Matt - Eat to Live. It was the most appropriate thing to read following Pizza Hut pizza, but I'm finding it pretty interesting.

Mostly, right now, all I'm thinking about is how my entire family and MANY amazing friends have all gathered together on Saturday at Michigania. It is the family camp that I have gone to since I was six months old, and it's a gathering of hundreds of amazingly fun people, beautiful space on Lake Walloon, SO MUCH fun stuff to do, and everyone's there without us. I have definitely missed a few years in the past, but this one feels especially painful, since we are so far away, and I don't have much going on to distract me. I think the next time we have the opportunity to go is July 2009, which is just painful to me.

1 comment:

Josh in NOLA said...

I'm also a fan of settlers, though I find that I turn into a big jerk when I play so it's not good for my friendships.

Thanks for thinking of me when you met the farmer.

I'll think of you guys the next time I'm eating unrecognizable food. Or getting hugged by a big fat hairy sweaty man.

-josh