Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Heat...It's hot

When Shana and I were in Turkey we went to a Turkish bath. Essentially, we sat in a really hot, humid room with lots of other naked ladies for about ten minutes. Then, some large lady in a red g-string came up and exfoliated our entire bodies. She literally took each arm and rubbed all of the dead skin off, then legs, then back and front. The skin was just waiting to be removed, since it had been made loose by the humidity and heat. It was one of the best feelings in the world (afterwards - not the large lady with the g-string pulling on my very naked arm). I felt so clean, and I have craved that feeling for years - 9 in fact.

Singapore is like the hot, humid bath. Each time I scratch my body I take off skin - all I need is that lady to come and help with the rest of my body. I have thought about this idea often - that I'm so close to experiencing that bliss that I felt in Turkey, but not quite there. I have even written this idea down so that I wouldn't forget to share it one day. Then, today, I got an email from Shana mentioning that the heat here sounded like the Turkish bath...

I also think it feels like being hugged by a really fat, sweaty, sticky, hairy man. All the time. Face included.

Not much going on this week.
Matt and I ventured out to Carrefour at a major mall last night.
I ate unknown food.
Matt and I went out to an American Women's Association event tonight for the fourth of July (men were invited, so don't write him mean emails about going). It was fun, but each glass of wine was $18 (Singaporean, but still - that's a lot of money!). I have decided to never drink again. I'm too cheap.
I have an interview next week with a neat non-profit that works to empower women. My hopes aren't up, but the fact that SOMEONE is reading all of these resumes and cover letters is inspiring.
I hope Serena can pull this one off - being down in the third set, but I'm sure by the time you read this, we'll already know if she did...

2 comments:

dwachter said...

it's the 4th of july. pretty hot here too. i'm in the basement of the hospital. you guys are halfway around the world, and in another world all together, in the heart of muskoka there's probably some kick ass skiing going down. talk soon. daniel

Ruthie said...

i'm so glad you figured out how to get the weather going on there!
yes, matt is right. i'm still reading your blog during work. but now i'm all caught up from being on vacation!