Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tai Dai

Tonight after a super fun pot-luck dinner at my friend Rachel's house, me, Matt, Peter, Maria and Peter's friend Will (who is vising from St. Louis) went to Geylang. This is the red light district of Singapore.

Apparently the ladies in the brothels are legal and legit - get tested and what not, and all of the ladies on the street are not so legit.

I'm pretty wasted right now, so this will be short, but I have a few points.

The girls were SO pretty. I feel like when I have seen prostitutes in Amsterdam or NY, they look sort of used and dirty. These girls looked 18 and gorgeous. I have never seen so much Chinese cleavage in my life. I was really impressed with their looks.

Will is black, and when he went up to a woman with Peter, she said that she wouldn't go with Will. She said "Tai Dai," which apparently means "too big." She said $80 for Peter.

Also, in this area, we got BIG bottles of Heineken for $6 per bottle. This is totally unheard of.

Basically we walked up and down streets and alleys. There were girls and migrant workers all over the place. Also hotels. Lots of hotels.

No comments: