Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hot Dishes for Dinner

So in Michigan, DC, Jerusalem and NYC I was a big Shabbat hostess. I LOVE hosting dinners, and I always had big ones, and I loved cooking for them. It was a big prob with me and Matt when we moved in together in NYC, because I always wanted to have people over, and he doesn't like it as much. Well - I could have big meals after working all day...I'm telling you - I was an expert.

We decided to host a shabbat dinner in a few weeks. Our house is not big enough (or air conditioned enough), so we're having it in the club house in our condo (a whopping $20 for the air con, tables, chairs and space). We invited a bunch of people last night. I was really excited about it.

Until...I was in the shower this morning, and I realized that I have a counter top oven that fits one 9" x 9" pan, and that's IT! I have no idea how we're going to have more than one warm dish. I finally thought of soup, but I think we can only have one baked dish, one freshly cooked stove top dish (that can only take about and hour total to prepare!) and a soup (that also must be very simple to prepare!)!! I will return from work at 7, though I will try to get them to let me leave by 5, and will not be able to just stuff everything in the oven to warm up.

Maybe I should have thought this through before I invited everyone? Maybe they just won't mind that everything will be cold?

By the way - if you live in Singapore, and we're friends, you're invited, so let me know what you're bringing (and if you live near-by - bring something warm!!).

No comments: