Sunday, June 15, 2008

Bollywood Gardens






On Saturday I went with my friend, Peter and a family he knows to Bollywood Veggies. We took the bus to the MRT, took the MRT for about an hour and 15 minutes, then we took a taxi for about 20 minutes, we passed Malaysia, we drove (we convinced the taxi driver NOT to turn around), and finally we arrived (two hours later...).

It's this great garden that grows nearly everything we see in our stores. I took some pictures of the foods that we eat growing.

I loved the banana flowers.

I also ate pickled kedong dong. I have no idea what it was, but I love picked things. The guy said it was sort of like a mango, but it was picked, so it wasn't really like a mango. He said it was like a gurken. I had no idea what a gurken was (I'm sure I'm spelling it wrong), but then I found out it's a cucumber, and then I realized that's neat, because "Ogurek/ogurki" is cucumber(s)/pickle(s) in Russian.

No comments: