Friday, August 3, 2007

The Most Fun Game

Did anyone else read "The Most Dangerous Game" in high school? I think it was a short story about a guy who hunts.

Everytime I go to the grocery store I think about what I have come to think of as "The Most Fun Game." I want to go to a grocery store in Singapore with five friends (I haven't made them yet, but I will), and everyone will get seven minutes, and they'll all have to meet in one place with the weirdest thing they could find.

It could be:
Dried anchovy-like fish (like tons in a bag - and they all still have eyeballs)
Fish balls
Carrot cake that is white and really isn't carrot cake
Squid snacks (like chips in America, but squid)
One of the seventeen kinds of canned fish or canned meat

There are just so many choices.

The other random thing I was thinking today is that when the MRT stops sometimes, I think, "Uh - there must be a train in front of us," and I assume that we're in between stations. This always happened in NYC - the subway just stops randomly, and sometimes it is for more than a couple of minutes. In Singapore, though, EVERYTIME we're in a station. There is nothing like having a train in front of you slowing you down, because it's all organized and set to be perfect. I wonder when that will just be my expectation. I feel as though living somewhere else might be difficult at some point soon, since things won't run as smoothly.

Yay for Matt making dinner.

I went to shul this evening, and it was nice. My second positive Jewish experience.

2 comments:

Matt and Melanie Hildebrandt said...

Marla reminded me that "the most dangerous game" is about a guy who hunts people. that sucks.

Unknown said...

I think you want to have a scavenger hunt and not a human person hunt. But it still is kind of nice that you remember something you read in high school . . .