Sunday, August 5, 2007

Day on Orchard

Matt and I met up with a bunch of his grad school friends for lunch down at one of the seventeen malls on Orchard Road. We went to a Chinese restaurant, and its' one of the first I have actually liked since I got here (Matt didn't love it). We had some dim sum that had soup in it, so when you bite it, it flows all into your mouth. We also tried some sort of bun filled with sweet red bean stuff. I liked that. The crowd was fun - Christian, Lee Fong, Boon Yian and Cartiq (that one might be spelled wrong).

We then got gelato, and it was good! I had a limey sorbetey thing. I was really craving my brother's lime sorbet, and this was only second to that (his is more sour, and this was more sweet), but the fact that I could get it in Singapore made me happy.

Matt, Boon Yian and I then saw the Simpson's Movie. Eh.

Everyone in Singapore wears these certain red shirts on National Day (which is coming up on Thursday). We picked up ours. I also went to Borders to get myself a diary (I would call it a calendar, but they call it a diary).

Matt and I played tennis this evening. I beat him 6 - 3, and then he beat me 3 - 1 (that's his first win - don't forget!!). :)

Exciting life events that we are missing:
Ritual penis cutting of our friends' baby. Mazal Tov to Eve and Gabe (who for SURE are NOT reading this blog!).
Jeremy moved to Ithaca. He now has a house. And he's almost a professor at Cornell. That's just all impressive. He is in the process if painting his kitchen. I wish I could help...
Liba Kornfeld's birthday. Happy birthday, Liba!!
Josh Rafsky's birthday. Happy birthday, Josh!! Thirty...
Aunt Phyllis's birthday. Happy birthday, Aunt Phyllis!!!

No comments: