Thursday, February 12, 2009

Holy Funny

I usually listen to This American Life while running. (You might recall my hierarchy of podcasts). Yesterday I almost tripped on myself. I was cracking up. I take off my glasses when I run, and I therefore was unable to see if there were other people in the gym to think I'm crazy. Holy funny.

There is this one section to this "My Big Break" episode. Shalom Auslander, in the third act is one of the funniest things I have EVER listened to. If you're not Jewish, you might not find it funny. Liba - definitely not in front of Adin. Seriously - listen to it!!! The funny part starts about 40 minutes into the podcast, and it lasts about 20 minutes.

In other news, I just received a wonderful email from Dena, which made my day. It did, however, mention that I may or may not have a rabbi (hopefully not more than one!) who might be reading my blog. In this case, I feel even more guilty about all of my pork and prawn eating. Forget about traveling every Shabbat. Oy! I'm happy to be a sinner among sinners, but once the rabbis are reading about my sins...

Two reactions: stop sinning or stop writing about it.
Third reaction: continue and hope they won't think less of me. I'm still a good person! Just kind of not keeping Jewish laws right now. (Does "right now" imply that I will in the future?)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Meli, now that I know I can inspire the subject of your blog by sending you guilt-and/or-thought-provoking emails, I will definitely do it more often! What an honor! xo