Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Two Signs I Saw Today


Today was a break day. I had my exams yesterday, went out for a super nice dinner with a few friends, stopped by the party and came home. (My hamburger for dinner was WAY too big, and my stomach literally felt uncomfortably full from 9pm until 4am).

Today I woke up early, talked to my mom, Shana, Seth...quite the rounds. I then went to get sea sick pills for our trip (they gave me 100 for $15!!!). Then I went to Chinatown to get wedding gifts for Daniel and Annie, and Ellen and Ari at this beautiful store in Chinatown.

Then I had good steamed dumplings and headed over the Singapore Management University for a pretty basic and unexciting lecture on CSR and how it's affected by the crisis. On the way, I saw two funny signs. The first just confuses me. It's in the MRT station - and it's on a bunch of temporary walls. Unless there is another meaning for "hoarding" I think they might mean "boarding," but this was all over the MRT. If anyone has a better idea, I would love to hear. The Change one I think is so funny. In the US we have these posters with Obama's picture, and here it's Jesus. To each his own.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Ben says that hoarding is billboard in British-speak. Hope this helps eliminate some confusion for you :-)

Matt and Melanie Hildebrandt said...

REALLY??? That's hilarious. It wasn't even in WIKIPEDIA!! (I tried)