Friday, February 20, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

I went to see it last night, and it's an amazing movie - beautifully done, amazingly colorful, eye opening, wonderful story, likeable characters...I loved it. GO SEE IT!!!

In other news - I am done with 4/6 classes. Just have two final exams on Monday (which I CANNOT get myself to start studying for!). Did a presentation last night on Corruption in China, a presentation the day before on how this one child care company can turn itself around, and had a "final negotiation," which basically means it's a multi-party negotiation that is video taped, and apparently they compare that to the first session they videotaped 8 weeks ago...I think I will write a posting of advice for INSEAD students, but one HUGE piece of advice is get your work done early - because it's all due at the same time, so if you know the assignments, get working on it. It's worth it. In my strategies for Asia Pac class (the corruption project), one of the guys, Daiki was having a baby, so we had to finish early, and we were basically done two weeks ago. The other one also we finished a week or two early. WAY WAY way helpful. Now if I could just use that extra time for studying rather than planning my trips to the states and thinking about my trip to the Philippines...I'll work on it.

Today for lunch I met Julie and Julia at their school. It's supposed to be just down the road, but I got lost, and it took me 45 minutes (in 33 degree HOT SUN HUMIDITY ICKINESS) to find them. I'm glad I did. The naan was worth the wait, but I was a bit narsty when I arrived.

My taxi driver home told me where Matt and I should live when our lease is up in a few months. I guess we're moving to the west. Why not?

I will try to do work now...but I'll do it at the pool, so it's sort of a compromise.

No comments: