Monday, February 23, 2009

One More

I think the theme for this exam period has been procrastination - which doesn't actually lead to cramming at the last minute this time, which I think is part of the definition of procrastination. In procrastination, you wait, you wait, and finally you DO something...which isn't happening for some reason.

We have exams for all of our core courses, which means that we have 13 exams. Two have been group exams (Leading People and Groups and Leading Organizations). The rest have been normal Melanie-only exams. Today we have our LAST two exams. International Politicaly Analysis and Macroeconomics. I just had the IPA exam, and while I usually stay in the exam until the last possible minute to try to make it better and better...this time I left after an hour and half (and left HALF the time unused!). Maybe this is because I didn't know anything that would have improved my answers...maybe I'm just done with exams.

I remember my last college exam - it was in the Nat Sci Auditorium, and I remember that Mike Vilensky was there. I can't remember the class, but I think it was a bible as literature class or something like that. I thought that was my last exam. I also thought that exams in social work school were my last exams (though I really don't remember them, because I think I erased my whole SSW experience out of my brain...), and now I'm doing it again. I HOPE these are my last exams ever!! I wonder if I'll do yet another degree. You never know.

Anyways - I have just one exam left - Macroeconomics, and what I wouldn't give to just bring Matt to my exam. I could make a case for it, since realistically we should be able to use whatever resources we have at our disposal, and if I'm in a job where I need a macro opinion, I WILL call him (like I did when I worked at Moody's), so really it's just not realistic that I do this exam by myself. Do you think they'll buy it? Just kidding.

I'm sure it will be fine...and even if I get 0 in both of these classes, I'm still at the mean and don't really need to take courses over. The only way I can really hurt myself (statistically) is to get three or more standard deviations less than the mean, which I think will be really hard.

Maybe instead of blogging I should study for Macro. I'll try it and let you know how it goes. 1.5 hours of studying, 1 hour of eating and relaxing, 3 hours of exam, 1 hour of Disney lecture (why they have it the last day of exams???), a dinner, lots of drinking, and then I'm really done...until next period.

No comments: