Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lion Dance


Yesterday we had a fancy lion dance at INSEAD. I saw my first one last year, and I had thought it was a dragon. They dance during Chinese New Year for good luck. This one was the fanciest one I have ever seen - it was jumping on these tall columns, back and forth. It's two people, and it looks really hard! I bet these guys have been practicing their whole lives.

What do you want to be when you grow up, son? A LION!!!

In other news this week has been busy, as nearly all of my classes had something due this week. Luckily, I have one class that I absolutely think is horrible, and it's really difficult to find motivation to do work for it...so that didn't take much time, and the rest I really enjoy doing, so I'm not too stressed, but it's definitely taking a lot of time.

This weekend will be my first weekend around in Singapore in a long while. Last weekend I had a class the whole weekend (I will write about that - it was interesting), the weekend before we were in Langkawi. The weekend before I was in Bali...Not a rough life, don't get me wrong, but really tiring (and my apartment is dirty. Not messy - DIRTY).

No comments: