Sunday, January 4, 2009

Last Weekend...

I start school tomorrow. Again. I have absolutely loved being on vacation. Seriously - I am really good at it.

We have been enjoying this last weekend. One funny story, then what we have been up to...

We went to buy plants yesterday. We saw this one sharp plant (the plant that's by itself), and I thought it was super cool - yellow and green and almost violent looking. The guy showing us around said, "this one mother in law tongue. Too much sun, no problem. No sun, no problem. If you forget to water, no problem. Even nuclear bomb, all will die, but mother-in-law tongue still alive." HA!!!

Friday night we said bye to the Hildebrandt clan after a yummy dinner at Chat Masala - our favorite neighborhood Indian restaurant. Matt and I cleaned the house and relaxed. Saturday we shopped for plants (they're so cheap here!). Our porch looks wonderful. Maybe some people won't look into our living room now? Probably not. Then we went to the market for a few things and noodles. I then went to see Lauren and Mo's new beautiful baby. Stopped at the pet store where I learned that the woman who works there owns 19 cats. Whoa. I ended up with a half of a big watermelon, two big mangoes, a heavy bag of cat litter, and 16 cans of cat food. Matt had to meet me at the bus stop to help me carry it all home.

Last night we went to Jeff and Tenley's for dinner and games. We learned a new game called Killer Bunnies. It's HILARIOUS. I felt bad that I got excited about killing people's bunnies. What a horrible thought! But...the cards are really funny and creative, and if you ever have the opportunity to try it out, DO! Then Settlers, obviously. They live so far away, though, that we spent more than $50 in taxis to get there and back. Singapore isn't THAT small!

Today we made yummy shakshuka and a strawberry pancake and Israeli salad and fruit salad, and we had some friends over including Deeksha and Rajeev. It was really nice.

Pictures include: our new plants on our porch, the funny plant, Fran and Tom on new years, me and Tenley at the tree top walk on our hike last Thursday, the pile of papers I recycled this week (from the first four months of school).

No comments: