Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fitting In

Last night I was talking to one of the students who came over to Singapore from Fonty. He said, "it seems like people go clubbing a lot here." I said they do, which actually leaves not that many opportunities for those of us who don't party so hard (me!) to hang with each other and get to know each other. In general, people do seem to go out to extremely expensive dinners and then go clubbing. A lot. I said, "I'm trying to find some people who play board games or do other lower key things to get to know each other." He said, "Yeah, or you could start the knitting club, or the club for people who have cats." I think he was making fun of me, and I do knit, and I have a cat. I am certainly not the average student at INSEAD (if there were to be one).

2 comments:

vantan said...

You play board games?? Count me in!!!

And too I prefer peace and quiet to expensive clubbing.

And I also blog.

Hmm...

Matt and Melanie Hildebrandt said...

Yay!!! (But I already knew you were more like me...) :)