Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Yom Kippur that isn't

Today is Yom Kippur, but it's sort of passing me by this year.

Last night I had a stats tutorial until 7:15, so I couldn't make kol nidre at 7:30. I was at school until after midnight (which greatly increased my taxi price home).

We have a paper due today that is 30% of our Leading People and Groups grade.
We have a case due in finance tomorrow.
We have a case due in stats tomorrow.
We have accounting due just about everyday, and econ was due two days ago.

Next week we have a lighter schedule of classes, and then the week after is finals! So nuts that it's almost over...

With all of that, I feel that I cannot miss classes today. Since everything I'm learning is new, it puts me at a serious disadvantage to not be here. Maybe I should not care, since after all we have non-grade disclosure at INSEAD, but I'm an overachiever, so I do care.

So...I sit after econ and before leading people and I blog. And I will meet with my group in 20 minutes to go over all of our assignments that are due.

But at least I'm fasting (for now...).

I hope everyone else has a meaningful Yom Kippur - and if you have a minute, could you throw in a good word for me. Let Him know that it's just this year, okay?

No comments: