Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Studying

Remember when I did interesting things in Singapore and had interesting things to say about them? Those days are over...for the next eight months.

We have finals next week, and I am studying. And studying. And studying.

I'm actually not sure what is entering my brain and what I'm just looking at...but I guess we'll see.

I seem to understand what we learned in the lectures (thanks to my handy power point slides!), and I can do all of the exercises just fine. When I take the practice exams, though, I'm stuck! These exams are super hard. I have talked to a few people about them (people who have already gone through this period), they say that they have to be hard in order to create a normal distribution of grades. Since we're all somewhat smart (you have to be to get into INSEAD) they really separate those who get it from those who GET it on the exams. Otherwise, if the mean is high, since we're graded with a Z score (in relation to everyone else and with regard to the standard deviation and the mean) you could get one or two points off and end up with a really bad grade. It's pretty intimidating to understand the material and then sit for an exam and totally not understand where to start. Hm...will be interesting.

I'm also trying to remember studying in school/grad school. I don't think we had exams in social work school, so I bet I didn't study too much there. For undergrad did we study for a whole week? I'm sure we went and had beers and hung out too, right? Basically this week and this weekend, it's studying...(with a few breaks that you will learn about soon).

Back to the econ...accounting...stats...finance...

No comments: