Saturday, October 18, 2008

Japanese Root Beer Floats

What I really want to write about is my last economics class of this period...but I'm waiting to get approval to post someone's picture, so I will post about that as soon as possible.

Tonight I went to a hilarious Japanese restaurant for the second time. Instead of reading a menu and choosing things, you walk around this little area and pick out things. Those things include (exclusively) popsicle sticks and plates of sushi.

The sushi is on conveyor belts going around the sushi chefs in the middle. The drinks are in one area, the skewers in another, the noodles in another and there is other stuff that I couldn't identify. Each plate of sushi is $1 (you don't get too much). Each popsicle stick has something on it, you put them in a cup, and you hand those in to be delivered to your table.

I chose three plates of sushi, vegetable curry udon and a root beer float. The last time I went to this place I had the root beer float, and I really couldn't think of anything else for a month or so. I had been craving one for months, and it just made me crave it again and more. Finally - I had it again, and it was just as good. The only problem is that it made me WAY too full. I should have had less udon - but definitely still should have finished the float.

One thing I don't like here that I'm seeing more often is charging for ice water. It was $.50 here, which is okay, but I don't like the idea that you have to pay for water that they're for sure wasting anyways. I think it's rude. Does that happen in the States?

No comments: