Thursday, April 17, 2008

Packing and Leaving

Tonight we're packing, and tomorrow morning (at 3:45 - if you can call that morning) we're leaving.

Packing for the states is totally different than anywhere we have gone since we moved here. No sunscreen, hats, flip flops, diving cert cards, sarongs and stuff like that.

Instead, I realize that I have absolutely no winter clothes. All of my pants are moldy (but will be fine after a wash at home). Literally all of my close toed shoes other than my sneakers are moldy (and getting thrown out). We don't really know what we can bring home. Basically it's t-shirts and underwear - and random gifts and a lot to read on the plane.

It's been a totally different experience to pack for this trip.

Tonight was our last Singapore meal (and probably last good meal until after Passover - or after we stop keeping Passover). We went to our favorite Thai restaurant and had an excellent red curry, pad thai (try going to a Thai restaurant with Matt and not getting Pad Thai - GOOD LUCK!), and an excellent papaya salad that was so not spicy (I told her to make it spicy for an ang mo - a white person), but was sooooo good. I think I ate too much, but I can't think of a better last meal. There are plenty of things to complain about life here, but the food is definitely not one of them. I will miss the food so much if/when we ever move from here. (When - mom - don't worry).

Tonight we also gave the kitty to Fensy, our neighbor. Fensy has loved the kitty since she was born, and she is like a mother to all of the strays in our complex. They're probably so super healthy because of her. She is living in Singapore while her daughter goes to the Canadian school. They're from Taiwan and so amazingly wonderful. Fensy has offered to take the kitty while we're gone, but I must say it was heart breaking leaving her there. I know Fensy will take amazing care of her, but I'm worried she'll jump out of the fourth floor window!! (She's super sweet and cute, but let's be honest - she's not brilliant). I will miss her so much! Is this what it feels like when new moms go to work for the first day? I held in my tears.

We'll catch you on the flip side!

No comments: