Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Great Baby Tour

Since we last spoke, we had two seders - one with Matt's family, and one with my family, we got our teeth cleaned, got eyes checked, visited people, ate food and traveled.

Details...

We got to meet up with Marla and Allen in Birmingham. It was the first time we saw them since their wedding in October. Now they're buying a place, married and living a life of real people. Scary!

Tuesday meant that Melanie rented a car and drove to Cleveland and Matt flew to Baltimore. I got to see Seth and Emily's beautiful new baby, Arielle, and also spend time with Mike and the parents.  It was great to see everyone, and Seth and Emily look unreasonably together. I cannot say that I denied the Bell's Amber that I saw as an option at the bar.

Wednesday morning I woke and drove back to DTW. Then my mom met me and took me to the train station in Windsor. Matt trained down to DC and saw friends from grad school. I took the train from Windsor to Toronto and got to see Eli at the train station. I stayed with my brother's new roommate, Neal, whom I met for the first time when I arrived, and never saw again the whole time I was there! I got to meet Shana and Daniel's beautiful baby, Joseph (and Shana's two new friends). It was so fun to hang with Eli and Shana, and the baby fit in very nicely. Thursday Shana and I went around the city, saw their new house, sat in the park, and enjoyed the gorgeous weather. I then got to see Tamara for dinner. Thursday, Eli took me to the airport and I flew to New York where I met up with Matt. I met Matt and Harry in the park playing with Harry's beautiful Jack (just like Joseph and Arielle). Jack plays fetch very well, and we tired him out by playing catch with a baseball and having him try to catch it each time...it was sort of sad and mean of us. We had a lovely dinner with Harry.

The only minor problem was at 3 am when I needed to get some water and go to the bathroom. Jack was growling and seemed like he was going to attack me if I walked out of the bedroom. I had to wake Harry up to calm him down. Oops.

Sorry this is so boring - it's actually be amazing to see so many people we love, but it's not that exciting to write about! Pictures coming soon...

No comments: