Saturday, April 12, 2008

Matt's First 31st Birthday Party

Most likely we will celebrate in New York and Detroit also, so this was the first (his birthday is the 26th).

Tonight Matt had a birthday party. Basically, we feel super lucky that we have been here less than a year and we have met so many amazing people. About 30 people came, and they included just about all of my favorite people I have met since we got here. I also love that they got a chance to meet and talk to each other.

On the way home, we were talking about how lucky we are. Sometimes it feels lonely here, because no one other than Christian (who didn't know me that well before...) knew me before I got here/as a Birnholtz/as an individual/etc. But tonight I just felt so lucky that there are so many people and amazing potential relationships waiting for us.

Now if we only had the time to hang out with them all!

1 comment:

Jillian said...

It's so nice to make connections in new places. Hooray for that! And happy early birthday, Matt!! Looking forward to seeing you both in a couple of weeks!