Saturday, April 19, 2008

Michigan

We left on Friday morning, flew for 18 hours (with a few minutes in Tokyo - literally only enough to grab sushi) and arrived in LA on Friday morning. I cannot wrap my brain around that. It's particularly challenging since I am on antibiotics, and it's hard to time it right! That date line will throw you.

We had a wonderful day in LA (pictures to be uploaded when I'm not blogging from bed with a sleeping Matt next to me). We got to meet Lederman's fiancee - Alona, and we loved her. We got the see the whole Lederman crew, Schwartz, and my friends Amy and Jess. We are so thankful that so many people went so out of their way for us!

It was freezing, though.

Then we met up with my cousin, Lori, hopped on another plane and took the red eye to Detroit. here we are - 9:32 in the morning, and I super wish I could fall asleep for just two hours!

Unfortunately we had news that the kitty did not adjust to her new habitat well - not eating, only hiding, and meowing like the world was ending. Fensy (her friend who is taking care of her) has taken her back to our apartment at night. Poor kitty went looking for us in our bedroom. But...at least she's making friends. When Fensy went to go check on her, she found her with another cat IN OUR APARTMENT both eating. Oy ya yoy.

Anyways - welcome to America! This is the longest (by four months!) that I have been away. (Matt's not even close - he was away for his entire Peace Corps experience).

No comments: