Monday, May 3, 2010

Bali #5

I seriously feel like the luckiest person in the world. I think that's the sentence that I say the most to Matt. "I feel so lucky." Generally I feel lucky that we both have jobs that we love and will probably get us somewhere, I have the greatest friends in the world, I really like my family, I love my husband and our relationship, we generally do things we love to do, and we have found things that we love to do. And...we get to travel to the most beautiful places. A lot.

So, this past weekend, we took off Friday and met Flory and Becky in Bali for a long weekend. We got in super late on Thursday night and had all day Friday and Saturday and Sunday until 3. In that time, we sat on the beach, ate a lot of good food, relaxed in rice fields, went on a tour where we visited a Balinese coffee plantation, saw a big volcano (Batur) and biked (with about seven total minutes of mountain biking - the part that I loved, Matt hated and our fetus flipped over six times...) and hiked through rice fields. It was a bit more biking - or at least a bit more downhill - than any of us was expecting, so that part wasn't spectacular, but the tour in general was cool. We also played a lot of euchre, and we learned that Flory and I are WAY better than Matt and Becky and Matt talks a lot of shit. Generally it was a relaxing long weekend that felt like a week-long holiday.

All was perfect other than two small details - we were supposed to get picked up in Ubud with our bags at 2pm to go straight to the airport. We got picked up closer to 2:45pm in Ubud...without our bags, so we had to go back to our hotel (in a wood carving village about 15 minutes away from Ubud) and then head to the airport...and our driver didn't know how to get to the airport. We ultimately had to jump out and hail a taxi. We made it in fine time, but getting to the airport is generally not my jolliest time. When it goes wrong, I'm a little less jolly. The other thing that stinks is that on the plane on the way home I started feeling snotty, and now I have a full blown cold, and maybe even flu. Yuck. This is the worst I have felt since I got pregnant...and it doesn't even have to do with being pregnant!

Some photo highlights are posted here, and you can click here to see the album on facebook.






In the meantime, since I haven't written too much about Kitty lately, I will let you know that she has become a total food snob, and we can't find rhyme or reason to it. Right now she has three dishes of food - one of her normal dry food that she ate for the first two and a half years of her life, one of wet food that she usually loves, and after her meowing aggressively (well, aggressively for Kitty, but still politely) at me for the last half hour, she also has a dish of emergency dry food we bought when she wouldn't eat her normal food a few weeks ago. What does she want? Can't she just TELL us?

No comments: