Saturday, May 29, 2010

Symptoms

It's not that I'm complaining, but I really haven't had symptoms of pregnancy. I didn't get morning sickness, I never felt drained of energy, I had only one small food aversion (almonds, for a few weeks), and I have had no cravings. I have continued to eat as normal, though for the first four months I had at least one extra meal per day. I have continued to exercise, though I did cut out the running and am only doing yoga and swimming. I do go to sleep earlier, but I can't tell if I'm just using this as an excuse to actually go to bed.

I mostly feel appreciative that I have had such an easy time so far, but I also feel like I'm sort of missing out on joining the "pregnancy sucks" club. Maybe I'll join that club in the third trimester?

In the last two weeks, I have been irregularly interested in soursop. This is a fruit that I didn't even know about before I moved here, and I first tried it in Thailand (as in soursop juice). I have always liked it, but recently I have thought about it a lot and eaten it almost everyday. As I was just making my list of what to get at the market, I realised that this might be a craving? And I got excited...Can you have a craving that you don't need IMMEDIATELY, but you just sort of want it all the time? If so, then I'm joining the club of bizarre symptoms!

No comments: