Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Mexican Wave

Did you know that the wave is called the Mexican Wave? You know, at Michigan stadium when everyone stands up and raises their arms and then they sit down again, and it goes in a circle around the stadium? I swore it was just called "the wave."

I heard that it was called the Mexican wave here, so I looked it up, and apparently it's a Britishism. This horrible description almost claims that it was created in 1986, and then it actually blames the phenomenon on colleges in the US! We NEVER called it the MEXICAN wave...just the WAVE, sillies! I don't have time to do proper web research now, but I'm sure the origin is offensive in some way. It just has to be.

In other news, we have had a very busy week including a visit from Flory and Becky from DC. Flory has mentioned three times to me that he didn't make it into my blog the last time he came through Singapore, so I will make a whole post dedicated to him, later. There, Flory - you happy?

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

The picture of Kitty is lovely, but how about replacing with an updated picture of pregnant Mel? You could replace it each month with an update. Just a thought...

Matt and Melanie Hildebrandt said...

The Kitty is way cuter... :)