Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Quick Weekend in Bangkok

While Matt was in Jakarta visiting Vinny and Dan, I went over to Bangkok for a quick weekend with Sarah and Ben. They had a great week in Chiang Mai, and they ran all over Bangkok on Friday before I met them late Friday night.

We went to the weekend market (one of my favorite activities in life, and I even hate shopping!) for multiple hours on Saturday. Highlights included a woman trying to sell Ben a poster - "I'm Chinese, so I give a cheaper price." I thought I must have heard her wrong. I asked her to repeat a few times, but nope - that's what she said. and huge yummy refreshing drinks. We bought a bunch of fun stuff including ceramics, aprons, t-shirts, lots of fun stuff. Lowlights included little bunny rabbits in small cages...in dresses.

We then went to a swanky bar on a rooftop of a hotel and had a drink while the skyline turned dark. Then we hopped on the skytrain (everyone needs a local transportation experience) and made our way up to some good food, good music, and good bananagrams in the bar. It was damn fun. Today, Sunday, we walked up to the wat on the mountain and made our way through some Chinese areas before heading to the airport.

I still love Bangkok, and I sort of want to live there. We'll work on that one.

In the meantime, I'm happy to be reunited with my Kitty and my husband (who had great weekends sleeping and in Jakarta, respectively).

No comments: