Monday, January 25, 2010

Alumna of too many things

I am an alumna of my schools (elementary, middle, and high), Camp Ramah, University of Michigan (and the School of Social Work), the Drachler program (though I'm not especially attached to that experience), Otzma, Hillel (at GW), Pardes (three times), INSEAD...the list just goes on.

I can't possibly care about all of them. I could rank them from most recent to least recent. I could rank them by influence on my life (definitely Ramah would be first...and I think U of M second, and probably INSEAD is up in the top five). I could rank them most expensive to least expensive (and I think my one year at INSEAD beats (maybe even doubles?!) four years at U of Michigan...). I could rank them by ROI (return on investment), and then I think that INSEAD would be top, and Ramah would be negative. The options are limitless.

The point is, though, that I can't be involved in them, and with social media, I feel like I should be, and I feel a little guilty that I'm not.

I should be going for drinks with U of M alumni in Singapore this week, and on a board call for INDEVOR, the social impact club at INSEAD next week, and I got some email about something happening in NYC for Ramah...I just can't! And I don't really care to. I suppose I could get off the listservs, stop joining facebook groups, not join the calls...and just walk away. Tons of people do it. I just feel guilty for some reason.

No comments: