Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Banagrams

We love games. Sarah and Ben know that we love games, and they brought us Bananagrams and the Settlers of Catan Card Game. I have mentioned this fact before in this blog.

I mention it again, because there was a realisation (I'm practicing using my British spelling, since I have to for work) today at lunch. I have been really confused because the Bananagrams game has nothing to do with bananas. I thought that people just flipped over their Scrabble tiles and made up this game, and they thought it was too lame to just sell Scrabble tiles...so they put them in a banana. That was lame, but it was an acceptable answer.

Today, which lunching with my friend Susie and her friend Ilana, I explained how I love this new game, and she said, "oh, you make anagrams?" I didn't really know the word anagrams, but I looked it up, and yes - we do make anagrams in bananagrams. Thanks Susie! So I now think that the game makers said, "hm. It's kind of lame to call a game anagrams. Way too obvious. Anagrams sounds like Banana(grams)! Let's call it Bananagrams!"

No comments: