Monday, January 4, 2010

Mac

I got a macbook right before we moved to Singapore. I loved my mac. I really loved it. It was the easiest thing to use, and I really became quite attached.

Unfortunately, while working at the WTO (when I needed to bring my own computer to work...), someone called, and I moved my things around to find the phone, and I spilled water along the side of my computer. It has had a slow decline since then. It was totally my fault, and it would have lasted much longer. I just know it. Slowly, the computer only worked if it was plugged in, or it would only do certain things. It got bitchy a little bit.

Two weeks ago, the computer stopped turning on. It was a sad day for me.

After a week of total frustration on Matt's PC (our PC?), I decided that I needed to get a new mac. It arrived today (titchadshi to me!). Macs are just amazing. I turned on the computer, and it asked if I wanted to copy files from another mac computer. Well, yes! Yes I did. I realized that my old computer would have to turn on in order for me to do that, but I prayed real hard, and it worked! It turned on, and I attached the two computers, and I transferred my preferences, applications, photos...I didn't need to buy Microsoft Office, I didn't need my dad to send the backup of all of my photos from Michigan...nothing! When my new computer finally turned on, Kitty was even on the desktop already!

I'm in love already!

No comments: