Thursday, April 22, 2010

Awkward Mornings

I am not a very high maintenance person (at least in terms of clothes, shoes, hair, make-up - the usual). I like all of the clothes I have, so usually I just have to pick something in the morning, put it on, and leave. No second look in the mirror. No second thoughts - I just don't care, and I figure I look fine enough.

These days, however, it's a horribly un-fun different story. I am finding that the first three ideas I have of what to wear don't work. It goes like this - I pick out something I think will fit me. I put it on and one of the pieces (shirt? pants?) doesn't fit. Shirt is too short, or pants don't even zip (which you can't remedy with the belly band). Whatever doesn't fit gets folded nicely and put in the "for November pile" which gets put into a suitcase on the weekend so as not to tempt me and even remind me about all of the nice clothes that I have that I can't wear. Pants get thrown into my work bag for the one-last-drycleaning before they're sent to the "for November pile." (I'm due at the end of Sept/beginning of October, so I figure that November might be ambitious but we'll see...Everyone hopes to be that woman who goes back to her normal shape right after birth, right?). I usually go through three options before I get frustrated and realise that I just need to wear something, even if it doesn't look good. I feel like I have a "pass" at work - and this pass allows me to just not look as nice as the rest of my office for a few months. Hopefully everyone at my office agrees.

I am not ready to move into maternity clothes yet, since I know I will get super sick of them, as I still have five more months being pregnant, but today is my first day in maternity pants. Not looking good, but options are slimming down (as I am not...).

The mornings when I head to yoga are the worst, because I have to do this whole process the night before, put something in my bag, and pray that it still fits the next day. What an awkward stage.

2 comments:

DeDe said...

Wear that belly proudly and comfortably!

DeDe said...

Wear that belly proudly and comfortably