Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cold

Why must Singapore be so cold? Clearly I'm not talking about the weather. For some reason, rooms/offices are kept so fricken cold in Singapore that it's literally uncomfortable in the bones. Last week I was at a conference for a day, and each time we walked into the room of the conference, it felt like walking into a winter's day. I was uncomfortable the entire day and could barely focus on the topic at hand. And I was wearing a suit. Jacket and all. Today, same thing. The conference was so cold that I drank five cups of tea and had blue lips and was uncomfortable in my bones the whole day. Each time we walked out of the specific room, it felt normal, but then as we entered lunch, dinner, or back into the room, it was miserable again. Is ANYONE comfortable in such coldness? Why would anyone think to do this? At my old office it was kept at 19 degrees (66 degrees F). I kept a sweater with a hood there. I had blue lips everyday and kept warm water just to cuddle with every few minutes. I hope tomorrow is warmer. And I will bring a sweater. A sweater in a country with 100 degree heat daily (or at least it feels like it!).

No comments: