Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Advertising

I have commented a few times on the advertising I see here. Sometimes it just doesn't make sense to me. One example I can remember is this ad with a whole dead chicken (head and all) on a plate as an advertisement for chicken rice. Just wouldn't fly (ha) in America. Well, I saw another that caught my attention.

It was an ad on the MRT for the HBO series "The Pacific." It specifically advertised that it was the most expensive HBO series after "Band of Brothers." This was meant to drive people to watch it? That it was expensive to make? I suppose that fact was all over the place with Avatar, and people generally had good things to say about that movie, but still. Maybe it's the cheap-o (I won't say what I want to say here, which is offensive to other Jews) in me, or the non-profit professional, but if something is expensive to make, that actually turns me off. If they made a totally awesome series on a tight budget, that would make me interested. Bizarre advertising tactic. I don't think I could do advertising in Asia for a job.

In other (bad) news, we got back from our super long trip. It was 31 hours in total. That stank. It's over. In addition, there is something else that stinks. For some reason I have the smell of garbage stuck in my nose. Our building was compressing or something our garbage, and when I walked up the stairs in the park, next to our complex, I got a LONG LONG whiff of garbage. That was at 6:45 pm, and now it's 10 pm. It should be gone by now. Hmmmm...

No comments: