Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday Adventures

This morning...early...Deeksha and I met at Vivocity, a mall, and we walked outside to try to find this walk that spans three or four parks in Singapore. It's along some ridges, and it's supposed to have good views. We found it. Indeed, you could see the water, and Sentosa for a lot of the walk. The parks were a part of Singapore I haven't yet explored. There are a few things that they built in the last few years to attach the parks - one is this wavy bridge, and another is a canopy walk. It's an elevated walk in this foresty area. Was alright. We arrived at the second or third park that was FILLED with people on tours - like swarming people - and it started to rain. We decided to push on. Why not? It POURED and POURED, and we got soaked. Deeksha had it worse than me, because she had shoes and socks, and glasses. I was in keens, quick dry top and shorts, and I had contacts and a hat. We made it to the end, and some (stupid?) taxi picked us up - SOAKING and dripping all over the place. I don't think I need to go back to any of those places again. Just kind of lame. The conversation was good, though.

After this adventure, I watched Marley and Me. Since Matt is in London for two weeks, and a lot of my other friends happen to be out of Singapore right now, I borrowed five movies (I NEVER watch movies). It made me cry. Was so sweet. Then, after I got a few groceries, I had nothing to do. I never have nothing to do. I really had nothing to do...so I took a bus to the botanical gardens, and I ran there for 40 minutes. I believe I made it to most parts of the gardens. There I would go back - it's really nice and pretty. After running, I had a weird pain in my foot, so I decided to walk...all the way back to our house. I think it took over an hour, but I forgot to look. I think that it spanned all of the On the Media podcast, though, so it must have been over an hour. I felt a bit pooped when it was over. Then I made a wonderful dinner for me and watched another movie - Shlomi's Stars (a translation of the title - but I don't know if it's called something else in English), which is an Israeli movie I had heard about. It was excellent. Recommended.

The disappointment of the day was not the lameness of the parks. It was that I tried to hook up the slingbox last night to see if I could get any football excitement, and it didn't work. Unfortunately there is no one "there" to fix it, so no slingbox for me...for two weeks! No Michigan games, no Grey's Anatomy, no Daily Shows. No fun.

1 comment:

DeDe said...

Be happy you could not work the slingbox, the Michigan game would have upset you more thatn a non-working slingbox did.
There is always next week though.

Go Blue