Thursday, October 8, 2009

Long Time No Post

Since I developed a relationship with my blog in May, 2007, I believe this is the longest I have ever gone with out updating her.

I think that's because of something I wrote about two years ago - when you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.

Well, now I'm feeling a bit better, so I thought I would share my heartache with my blog.

I took a job at an organization that I thought had a lot of potential - lots of strong stakeholders, a strong public image (at least in the media, not necessarily in its field), and loads of options to make it successful. I was really excited about the opportunity. I believe I knew what had to happen to turn it around into a functioning non-profit organization.

Unfortunately, after five weeks in my position, I recognized it was a bad fit for multiple reasons, and I wasn't actually able to DO any of those things I wanted to do. So, this week, I decided to resign. This was obviously a very tough decision, as I had accepted the job in June, and I had tons of expectations around it, and I had built amazing trust with the team, started to build credibility with the stakeholders, etc. But, when you know you're in a bad place, you know you're in a bad place, and I recognized that the things that were not working for me would not change.

So...back to square one. Now I'm a fresh MBA...and jobless. Pretty disappointing, but I'm hoping something better will come along.

1 comment:

DeDe said...

happy to have you back blogging and looking forward to more Melanieisms and a new job for you. :)