Sunday, July 12, 2009

Surprise!!!

It's kind of old news now, but I surprised my family this week, and I came to North America to go to Michigania!!!

I had planned on arriving on Tuesday evening - Lonnie was going to pick me up and take me to surprise my parents...it was all perfect. Would have been 31 hours of traveling. Manageable. But...my flight out of New York (supposed to be at 4:15 on Tuesday...) was delayed until 8:30 AM THE NEXT MORNING (after making us think we would still leave on Tuesday morning until about 8:30pm. BOOOO!!! I met a wonderful girl, Rachel, and we got a hotel room together for all of four hours, and we flew out the next morning. Unfortunately that meant that I had to TELL my parents I was coming rather than just show up, AND because I was so delayed I didn't even get to go home before I left on Wednesday afternoon on a train to Toronto. But...FINALLY...after 55 hours of traveling, I arrived at Shana and Daniel's, and it was a GREAT few days. I'm so glad I went, and they were so good to me. Taking care of a one year old and taking care of a severely jet lagged 31 year old.

Jer and I drove from Toronto to camp yesterday, and it has been so wonderful to see everyone. I can't believe I'm here. It has been very painful for me to miss the past two years, and this year, with Greg and Cristine's baby, Sam, and Terese and Jeremy's baby, Max, plus the amount of Birnholtz family available - it was just too much. Also, this is the first time since about 1990 that I'm here for the whole week.

Quite a treat.

2 comments:

Harry said...

Yeah! I'm so happy you got to go this year. Great graduation reward. Have a great time at Michigania

DeDe said...

Go Blue !! have a great week on Walloon and I hope you win lots of awards !!
How special for Sue and Sandy!!

love,
from the unicorn