Thursday, July 2, 2009

Like Ants

You know how ants all walk with each other...all in a row...going to the same place? I always wonder who was first, and do the rest of them think about it, or they just follow? In a book I read (I think it was the autobiography of a physicist who helped develop the A Bomb) the guy would mess up the route of the ants, but they always found their way back.

Matt and I see them hiking, and we like to watch them. It's just crazy how many there are sometimes.

Today I participated in an ant march. I had my first partial day at work. My office is between two different MRT stops. The one that's farther from our house has a road that goes directly to my office, so I have taken that one so far. The other one looks more confusing on google maps. I just ignored it, but I was a bit curious...

I left work at about 6:15 or so, and I saw a whole bunch - like a stream - of people walking through an HDB (public housing) complex, and all in the general same direction. I was texting, listening to my ipod...talking on the phone...not paying any attention. I followed the ant in front of me, and ultimately, though I wasn't sure I would originally, I ended up at the MRT. It was a lot closer.

I hope there is an ant line going there tomorrow.

In other news, the poop is gone and the pool has reopened.

No comments: