Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thai Chilies

Last night I made a Thai cabbage salad. It had little red Thai chilies in it. Usually I make sure not to touch the peppers or their seeds, but I had to finish cooking before D&R came over. In my rush, I totally touched the peppers, I manually pulled out the seeds, and I cut them into little bits for the salad. I forgot.

Then, while eating, I licked my finger, and my tongue got a SHOT of spice.

Then, the backs of my fingers (near my nails) starting hurting, like as if they were burned!

Then, I accidentally touched my cheek, below my eye. That hurt too.

I worried all night about removing my contacts, but I did it quickly and made sure not to touch my eyes - just my contacts. It was scary. Those things are dangerous. Might be a good thing to carry for self defense.

No comments: