Monday, June 29, 2009

Grad Trip to Bali

I just got back from four excellent days in Bali. The trip was so fun, with great people, and I'm super glad I went.

There were about 15 of us flying there and back together, and there were probably another 10 or so people who went to Bali on their own but were staying at the same hotel as us. It was a great group size.

Four of us went diving on Friday - two dives at Tulamben. Definitely nothing amazing, but beautiful diving. It was my first diving since March, in the Philippines, so I was reminded about how much I love it. Friday night Josh's kids showed me and Ben around a food court. Josh moved his family to Bali for the year, from KL, while he did the INSEAD program. His kids are 9, 11, and 13, and they're so cool. I was really impressed with them telling us how it goes. We then went to a beautiful bar, Ku De Ta, right on the beach. It was really nice. Saturday we thought we were going to climb a volcano, but instead we looked at it. It was beautiful, though, and we got dropped off in Ubud with enough time to go for a long walk through rice fields and villages. We then had good drinks and okay food and relaxed for hours at a restaurant in Ubud. Highlights of that night and the night before include a probability dice game that Christophe taught us. It was outstanding. Sunday a few of us walked up the beach from south of Kuta to Legian, and we shopped and taxied our way back. Was really nice.

You can click here to see pictures from the trip and my last day at INSEAD.

Today is the day for cleaning my apartment, cleaning my computer, figuring out how to not kill our plants (I'm heading over to talk to Mrs. Yeo in a few minutes), and possibly say goodbye to our friend, Susan, and her kids who are heading back to the US tomorrow.

No comments: