Tuesday, June 30, 2009

All it takes is one poop...

Some kid pooped in our pool on Saturday.

Apparently they left the poop there until Monday, but now it's gone, but the pool is still closed.

On a regular weekend day I bet we have over 100 people who swim in our pool. Probably about 50 on a week day. This means a lot of foregone swimming, since it's been closed for three and a half days straight! Come on people! Clean the water!!!

In other news I have had some very cleansing days this week. Monday I cleansed all the files on my computer and my INSEAD email. I felt like a new woman. I can now see my kitty on my desktop. I also tried to save my plants' lives. We'll see if it works. The plant people said they can make a house call if I'm not successful. Today I met a woman who brings neat products to Singapore - the products are made from trash. They're made from sachets and little containers of detergents and soaps. A community outside of Jakarta collects and cleans the trash, and then there are other communities in Indonesia who put the stuff together. They make wallets, bags, and similar products. They still smell like soap. Seriously cleansing. They're really fun and colorful. If you want me to buy you any of this, let me know! Super reasonable price, and really cute! (Photo is stuff with curious cats). I also got my shoes fixed for graduation. It's always a good thing to wear shoes to graduation.

Dress for graduation (tomorrow!) is "national dress." That's really cool for everyone...except boring Americans. I'm wearing a dress, because I cannot bring myself to wear a suit. I hate them.

No comments: