Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Where is Mike?

We have had an eventful few days. The Hidebrandt Clan arrived on Sunday night. After a wonderful weekend of cleaning, getting beaten in Settlers, seeing friends and relaxing, they arrived from Detroit, LA, Seoul, and finally to Singapore.

Monday I tried to hang with them, but I was unable to, because Matt's phone wouldn't receive my phone calls or text messages for some reason. I sat and waited for two hours, and finally I had to go home and cook. They, in the meanwhile, went to Bedok Centre for a bit of shopping, lunch in Holland Village, and a relaxing afternoon in the Botanical Gardens including the Orchid Gardens.

Monday night we had Gal and Ohad, Tali and Alon over for Hanukkah. We had latkas and some other food - including excellent desserts. Tali somehow found real sufganiot (jelly donuts). Excellent. Excellent.

Today was the Hildebrandt tour of Little India and Chinatown, but before that, I went with the mommy and daddy Hildebrandt to the wet market in our neighborhood. I was super white. I got the hot coffee in the bag (two, really), and I dropped on. On the floor. Hot, wet and all over the floor. The guy gave us a new one and just told us not to pay. As if to say, "just get out of here before you do anything else WHITE." Oops.

Then, we made it to Little India. We went to Mustafa Centre, which is NUTS (and you might remember it from other blog postings). We lost Mike. He wandered off in the biggest, most crowded (with people and stuff) store in the world. What was he thinking? He just wanted to look at the shirts downstairs. We looked for him for over an hour. He had no idea. Finally, mommy and daddy Hildebrandt had to pay $5 to have him paged. We found him.

I was hungry. We ate a big meal at Raj. Yum. Then we hit Chinatown. Then dinner in East Coast Park - satay and laksa. Yummy.

No comments: