Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lunch

Successful:
GREAT roti prata.
Two kinds of otah - mackerel and chili crab (!)
Peanut pancake
Lime juice
Diet coke

Unsuccessful:
Buying the baby clothes that I went to the market to get
Buying watermelon
Buying hairbands
Eating healthy

I met Matt and Peter at the wet market this afternoon. I was super stressed this afternoon - realizing I have finals in 2.5 weeks - but Matt said the clothes guy was there in full force. This guy has Esprit, Gap, Eddie Bauer, Osh Kosh, Carters...all of these American brands that are produced somewhere in SE Asia, and then some make it to our wet market. The adult clothes are usually $5 per piece, and the babies' clothes are 3 for $10. Whoa. It's the real deal, also! I got a load of clothes for Christian and Lee Fong, who are having a baby in a week, and I went back today to get clothes for Lauren and Mo who are having a baby in a month, but by the time we finished lunch, he was gone.

The good news is that I had a really yummy lunch. I don't think it gets more unhealthy.

We have had a good weekend - Friday night dinner at Deeksha and Rajeev's, Saturday I tried to value options all day (that was really hard). Last night our friends organized a wine tasting thing for young people in the Jewish community. It was nice. Today was studying (by the pool, which was nice - I need my vitamin D) and a few games of Settlers. I won a lot today. Surprise wins - I conned people into trading with me so that I could win. Twice. SUCKERS!!!

No comments: