Saturday, November 29, 2008

A1 vs. A2

While Mumbai has fallen apart and Bangkok is also a disaster...INSEAD P2s were at the beach today.

Today was the A1 vs. A2 Olympics (A1 and A2 are our sections). A2 (my section), lost in nearly everything...except four things.

Let me first state that I had nothing to do with any of the wins. I did contribute to a sore volleyball loss, though.

A2 won in:
  • Sand castle building (which I believe was actually done by partners, not students)
  • Some French game that starts with a "B" that seems like Bocce ball, but the balls are silver (and it's French and not Italian). They claim it's an olympic sport, but I have never heard of it
  • Dodge ball (which is obviously the most important "F*%$ you" sport, which is crucial for business school students)
  • Baywatch. We had to go save A1 "victims." I think there was mouth to mouth involved
Though four seems like a lot, A1 won in basketball, some water gun thing, arm wrestling, volleyball, soccer (football?), swimming, and probably a few more that I'm missing. They were just better than us. What can we say?

The day was fun, though. It was one of the few non-partying opportunities to connect with other students since I started. It was on Sentosa - which you might remember from when we first moved here. This time, though, I really appreciated it. Yes - you could see the ships, and yes it seems like the water must catch on fire if you get too close with a match, but it was really pretty, and it made for a really relaxing, fun, day.

No comments: