Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dropping

Tomorrow will be my last program with the Jewish families in Singapore for a while. Pam and I started this program last year - where we have one program per month for progressive Jewish families in Singapore. We have had about 40-50 people at each session, and we have had eight (I think) so far. We have only focused on Jewish holidays up until now. I have absolutely loved doing them. I have loved getting to know the families, and I love the discussion that comes up and the community that is developing.

Unfortunately I am a bit over my head in commitments (which is no surprise if you know me), and I had to give this up until July. School (six classes) plus INDEVOR plus Matt and the Kitty are very demanding, and I have felt a bit lately like I haven't been succeeding at anything, because I have been spread too thin. So...I have dropped off the Steering Committee for the Jewish community until I graduate, and I have handed over the educating to Ilana (a newly arrived Jew from Chicago). They even asked me to read torah in December, and I said no (though I did it today, and I really miss it...AND it's my bat mitzva parsha...I must say NO!).

I feel sad about it, though, because it has been so rewarding, and I love it all! I'll be back after graduation...

I'm learning.

No comments: