Sunday, May 18, 2008

St. John's Island

Today Matt, our friend Peter, and I decided to go to St. John's Island. It's a three day weekend, we didn't go diving, so why not. Well, I can give you a few reasons why not! It was the most boring place in the world. It's an island off the south of Singapore. You go to this pretty ferry terminal, get on an exciting boat, drive for about 20 minutes, and you end up absolutely nowhere.

Please click here and hereto read some people's descriptions of this place. I don't know what St. John's Island they went to.

Much of the land must have been "reclaimed" (fake), because there were not so many trees. There were only cement trails leading to nowhere, so we couldn't even go hiking. I don't think that walking on concrete is ever hiking. Luckily I like Matt and Peter a lot, so talking was fun, and we had a small picnic and nice game of hearts (I shot the moon and made Matt lose!!).

We came back sweaty and uninspired - so we swam, relaxed and played two man settlers. This time, though, we made the board smaller - took out one of each resources, one port and one water, and I arranged the numbers in a specific way. I have to say it was WAY more fun! I also have to say that I WON TWICE! I am winning a lot of games lately.

Pictures are of the skyline from the boat, the picnic and hearts playing facility and the prettiest picture I could take of this boring island.

No comments: